Macro Photography Workshop Workshop
Using a camera tethered to a computer, our instructor will lead you on a 6 hour exploration of Macro Photography using a combination of lecture and hands on, real world demonstrations. Our instructor will take photos which will immediately be projected on a screen allowing students to see exactly what the instructor is "talking about". Students will see different pieces of Macro Photography equipment in use including how to set up and use each piece of equipment. This equipment will include macro lenses, extension tubes, bellows, lens reversing ring, macro filters, macro flash, off camera flash, reflectors and more. Following the lecture and demonstrations, there will be a 1 hour hands-on photo session in which students will use their own equipment at a local park to practice and ask the instructor questions. In the event of bad weather, students will have 2 hours of hands on time our studio to practice with the instructor.
- Macro Photography equipment.
- Classroom demonstrations.
- Depth of Field as it applies to Macro Photography (both lecture and demonstration).
- Why accurate focus is more critical in Macro Photography and how to achieve it.
- Recommended camera settings for Macro Photography.
- Students will receive hands on experience by aiding the instructor in setting up equipment for most demonstrations.
- Students will select the camera settings for many demonstrations and see the results in real time.
- When to use Auto Focus, which Auto Focus mode to use and when to use Manual Focus.
Students should be able to use their cameras in Aperture Priority / Aperture Value or Manual exposure modes. A basic knowledge of Exposure, Auto Focus and Depth of Field is helpful but not required. If you have questions about whether or not this workshop is a good choice for you please contact us and we will be happy to discuss the workshop with you. If you have completed our Basic / Intermediate Course you should have the required knowledge to successfully complete this workshop.
Students should bring their camera, at least one lens.
Students who have a tripod, external flash and / or any macro equipment should bring them as well.
1 - 8 students.
Dates and Times:
Starting Date: To be determined.
This workshop may also be scheduled as a 1 to 1 or small private group lesson.
To be placed on our waiting list or if you have any questions, please contact us.
To download the registration form and register by mail click here.
Register by phone at (513) 742-4552
Online registration is available for scheduled dates here (if the link is blacked out there are no available seats in the currently schedule workshops).
$130.00 per student for scheduled group workshop.
$130.00 for 1 to 1 Personal Lesson.
$75.00 per student for small groups up to 5 students.